Saturday, April 23, 2011

Did you stay or walk away?

LUKE 17:11-19

In Luke 17, Jesus was traveling to Jerusalem and ten men who had leprosy met Him. He healed them all and yet only one came back and praised God that he was healed. Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?

When you had felt His touch, were you the one that returned or did you walk away? Sadly, there was a time in my life that I was one of the nine. When my daughter was born, she had a hole in one of her lungs and she was having trouble breathing. I remember the moment as if it was yesterday. It was raining outside and as my tears began to match the rain, I prayed, asking God to heal my daughter and I made so many promises to Him that I never kept.

He answered my prayers already knowing that my promises would fade once the danger had passed. Even though I walked away He never gave up on me because He already knew there would come a day when I would feel His touch again but this time I returned forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment